More nostalgia. The Washington School library is still closed as of June 2017.
Library Hours: 8:15 to 2:55 Daily
Monday - Friday
1. Respect each other.
2. Respect the materials in the library.
3. Use your time wisely.
Checkout For Students
1. Grades 1-5 may check out one book weekly. (STORYTIME FOR PRE-K)
2. Children must return the book the following week before getting another book.
3.The students will not be charged late fines, but must pay the cost of the book if it is lost or damaged beyond repair.
4. Students can only take library books home in a BOOK BAG with classroom teacher's permission.
5. Orientation will start either the first or second week of September.
Checkout For Staff Members
1. Staff members can check out books, media, and EQUIPMENT.
2. Teachers can check out up to 40 items at a time.
3. Most materials can be checked out for 30 days and can be renewed.
4. Staff members must also sign in/sign out any materials that are not bar coded.
5. If you need STUDENT laptops, you must sign them out. I would appreciate if you would give me a days notice.
6. Please do not remove carts unless you notify Ms. White.
1. The laminating machine needs at least twenty minutes to warm up.
2. Laminate items that are important.
3. Place items close together on the tray.
4. When you finish, cut the film using the cutter at the back of the machine.
5. Ask for help, if needed.
6. Let the librarian know when the film is low.
7. Mrs. Nelson and Mrs. Payne know how to use the machine if you need assistance.
1. Notify the office if you need paper for the copier.
2. Please remove any unwanted papers and books.
3. Return materials to the supply box.
4. Use the teacher's lounge machine when a teacher is instructing students in the back of the LRC.
5. Inform Ms. White or Mrs. Lockwood when the machine needs toner and staples or if you have a paper jam that you can't remove.
1. There is only one printer. It should be labeled Power Up.
2. Staff members and students (with permission) can print to it.
3. Mr. John will provide paper.
4. Open and close paper tray carefully.
5. Please do not print multiple copies of the same page. Use the COPIER.
6. Let Ms. White or Mrs. Lockwood know when the cartridge must be replaced.
7. Have students who are getting copies, use the computer lab door.
- Computer schedule may change this year. 3rd, 4th and 5th Grade students will have Chromebooks and iPad carts, so they may just have 1 period a week.
- Laptops still must be signed out and returned each day.