Areas in the Washington School Library
This library no longer exists since they closed our school in June 2017. I will leave this page open for nostalgic reasons.
The front of the library is used for classes, book borrowing, story time, Book of the Month, meetings and celebrations. The laminating machine is located in the front of the LRC.
1. Enter through the front door if you are coming to one of the events mentioned above.
2. Please do not walk through the front during class time.
3. If you need to schedule events for the LRC, please let Ms. White know in advance.
4. Please be courteous when using the laminating machine and printer during class time.
5. Ask Ms. White if you or your students need to use pencils, markers, pen or paper from the front of the library.
The back of the library is used for classes, meetings, computer lab activities, tutoring, and celebrations. The computer lab, copier, and Powerup printer are located in the back of the LRC.
1. Enter through the middle door in the back of the LRC.
2. When someone is tutoring students, please refrain from using the copier.
3. Please let Ms. White know when removing items from the back of the LRC. This includes CARTS.
4. Do not place unwanted materials or equipment in the back of the library.
5. Be considerate of the librarian when talking to your children in the computer lab.
6. Let Ms. White know when you need to schedule the back of the library.
In the middle of the LRC is the teacher center. The teacher center contains professional books, the videotape cabinets, and game. The paper cutter and the binding machine are also located in this area. Only staff members are allowed in this area.
1. Feel free to sit in the center and relax.
2. Most of the materials are barcoded and can be checked out.
3. If you are using the paper cutter and the binding machine in the library, please be considerate of the students and the librarian.
4. If you need these items in your room, please sign them out and they must be returned the same day.